Friday, December 15, 2017

Washi Tape Christmas Gift

 My 11 year old is OBSESSED with washi tape right now and wanted to give some to her friends for Christmas. I searched online to find a cute idea for washi gifts, but the only ideas I saw were how to use washi tape to decorate with and use on gift tags, not to give as gifts. So I had to put on my thinking cap. With all the many gifts to give during this time of year, I want to make it affordable because I know that washi tape can be pricey. 
        Michael’s had their washi tape sets for 60% off.  I was able to get 45 tapes for $12, which  comes out to be about $.26 a piece. 
        There are several ways you could tie this together. We made some homemade treats in a baggie and tied the tape to the outside of the bag. For some of our friends that are gluten-free, we just did two washi tapes in a plastic bag with a candy cane tied to the outside. I think that was the simplest way to do it. So for under a dollar you can make some really cute kid gifts to give away. What girl doesn’t like Washi tape???
       We were trying to figure out a cute saying to put with it and my clever daughter came up with the saying, “Washi”ing You a Merry Christmas.  I thought that was a pretty cute play on words of “Wishing you a Merry Christmas”. The green Christmas trees on the tag is actually washi tape I found in the $1 Target section.  Click on the link below if you’d like to print a free copy of this tag.

Washi Tape Gift Tag


No comments:

Post a Comment